Monday, January 9, 2012

NEW!!! My Life of Challenges!!!

I was born with a brittle bones disorder called OI (Osteogenesis Imperfecta), I have had over 60 broken bones in my life, and mainly as a kid I had many compressed vertebras. I was 5'2" tall but because of the compressed vertebras I'm now 4'11". Well mainly because of the broken bones an a few other factors I gained a lot weight over the years.

I went to a school for the disabled and because of their lack of teaching I developed a learning disability, thankfully my mother removed from that school and entered me into public school (1981) and there I learned read, write, and etc... I finished High School, my last semester I made the honor roll. I have tried to do college but the learning disability interfered that and has left me with a student loan which I can’t repay on SSI (the creditors don’t want to listen to my problems, I have been disabled all my life, they don’t care).

In my late teenage years I developed hearing problems, I had my left ear operated on but basically lost 85% of hearing in left ear; my right ear also has about 40% of loss.

In 1992, I helping take care of my dying father; when I got electrocuted. When I got electrocuted it made my left shoulder muscle crush my left shoulder ball. I had to have my shoulder ball replaced, after leaving the hospital I broke my leg at a store. My father died in Oct. 1993.

In 1994 I broke my right leg and had to have a metal brace inserted into right leg just under the knee. Weight skyrocketed to over 350lbs.

In 2001 I finally got a Doctor that worked with me. The Doctor recommended Bariatric Surgery. In Dec 2001 I have the Bariatric Surgery, by mid 2002 I went from over 350lbs to 205lbs.

Then in 12/2007 I got hit buy a car while I was crossing the street in my wheelchair, which broke my left hip. I had to have a metal rod inserted to hold it together.

In 4/2008 I had a stroke. The doctors’ thought I would die it was a very bad stroke they were trying to get my mother ready to deal with my death, but I think God wasn't ready for me yet :-) and I stayed alive. I lost total use of my right side but help from the rehab hospital (I was able to leave hospital after a month) and Bayside (a rehab clinic in Portland, ME) I have regained some use of my right side but can-not walk or stand and I lost fine motor control so lost my writing hand ability ...

In Jan 2009 I moved me, my mother and a friend of ours to Bradenton, Florida I couldn't deal with snow ever again now that I'm stuck in a wheelchair.

In mid 2010 Florida Medicaid/Amerigroup approved the purchase of a power wheelchair… in /October 2011 the  batteries were replaced because they were mot holding a good charge… in the 1week of December 2011 the charger for the chair started acting up & not doing a complete charge I called to report this and to request it to be repaired… Dec 24 the charger stopped charging all together…  and Amerigroup/Florida-Medicaid is refusing to repair it saying it  should last 5years… Yes the Chair should last 5years but parts for need to be replaced when they fail… Just like in your car if the tire blows will the manufacture fix that NO you have to… So go the same for parts on a wheelchair they also need replacing/repair!!! Wheelchair companies DoNot give 5 year warranties on wheelchairs!!! And Disabled (wheelchair bound) have A Legal Right to be able to have access to the world/state/city !!!
I NEED my Chair REPAIR NOW!!!

Submitted by Giovano C. Fusco Jr.
To be also shared on my blog: http://koalagiovano.blogspot.com
& on FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/giovano.koala
and contacting local TV News & ADA...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust Issues

Hello Everyone, To those that don’t know me my name is Giovano aka Rev. Koala Yes I am an ordained minister but am an independent minister (...