Saturday, March 22, 2014

Hey Everyone...

Doing ok today n little stiff n a little sore in the back n joints I think that is from me wanting to be independent last nite n trying to wheel the manual wheelchair myself plus the transfers from/to manual wheelchair to my friends car with the transfer board that is a big challenge for me but no one can help me with it except to hold wheelchair to make sure it doesn't move as I transfer...
Trying to decide if I will be up to going to church tonite, I just took some Tylenols n Tramadols so am hoping they kick in to make body feel better by tonite, when I go I will be using my mother's scooter which doesn't have as good of soft ride as the electric wheelchair does nor areal seat belt like my chair but I want to be there tonite if my body allows it...
Oh, local stores don't have the batteries in stock Batteries Plus over a week back ordered but friend Tom look at his favorite store Discounts Batteries n they also have my type batteries but could have them by Tuesday n @ $150 each much better prise than Batteries Plus so cool by Tuesday nite my wheelchair will be working at 100% again... I was ask if my charger could be defective well seeing it keeps new batteries charged at full strength for the 1st 4ish months I don't think the charger at fault but I am not a wheelchair tech(manual wheelchair is easy to work on before my stroke) but I think the motors are most likely are at blame for the eating the batteries, they are old n have been though snow n a lot of use in 7years so my opinion is the motor is burning up the batteries which I have looked into replacing but think that is a project me n my roommate Mark are not really a thing we could do... But if we did get new motors n maybe even a new charger it would make the whole chair a new wheelchair seeing all ready replaced control unit n batteries coming soon, n replaced tires the only thing really need to make it a new chair is the motors n charger oh, n frame almost forgot the current frame makes so much noise as I go in it people can hear me coming it rattles a lot n squeaks no cat burglar could I be :-) I kind of like the noise my chair makes it gives it character so I don't think I would change the noise maybe have it look at by pro wheelchair tech to make sure nothing is missing or too lose or broken but wouldn't want to get rid of it's character it is part of the wheelchair which is also like me different :-D even how I control the wheelchair feels like we are in sync n moving the wheelchair is like walking use to be barely even think about the movement  of where I am going body/wheelchair goes with no thinking... The other wheelchair I got 4years ago fought me every movement it never liked  my controls n I have to really fight with it n in some ways am glad it smells like it wants to catch on fire gave me reason to go back to my Invacare Wheelchair... The other wheelchair was from the Scooter Store  n if I remember correctly it is a Steamer Shopper something like that will never get another of those but wouldn't mind a new Invacare M91 such a great chair but if I could replace my wheelchair think the one I show the link to in my note about medical thing mom n I need would be the best for my needs it comes apart n folds for transport so would be good for going to retreats, conventions or even missions...

Ok I have talk to you all n myself long enough :-D

HUGs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust Issues

Hello Everyone, To those that don’t know me my name is Giovano aka Rev. Koala Yes I am an ordained minister but am an independent minister (...