Friday, March 9, 2012

Be Guarded with Your Email!!!

just a reminder to everyone: DON'T Trust emails (from companies like YouTube, eBay, PayPal, your Bank or a friend) with links, it could be a fake email that has carefully copied pictures/icon/etc(from the real source) that is trying to trick you into going to a hacker/spammer site... 1) hover over the link if it shows a different link at the bottom of your browser (also left click on a link goto '...copy link' and paste into notepad to check it) 2) goto your Bank/YouTube/eBay/PayPal/etc site in a window or tab (***without*** clicking on that link) go to that site by your own bookmark (Never Click on the link from an email)... See if the site has a notice/message waiting for you if not tell them about the email you got... 3) if a friend sent you a link check with them first (by another means incase their has been hacked) call them, instant message them, if you also have them as a Fb/MS/Google+/Twitter/etc friend message them there and double check with them... 4) Hackers try many tricky things to gain access to your emails and accounts and even your computer...

I see my FireWall blocking attempts to access my computer everyday and everyday I get emails from services that I use but the emails I Know for a fact are not from them for my account can't say how I know without giving away my secret of one of my defenses(but if we ever talk on the phone I can share it with you)... I don't understand why they try to hack into my accounts or my computer I have No Money or any thing of importance on my system... Except maybe my contact lists...

I never Trust any links sent to me until I double check it's real link address and verify it with it's sender...

So Please be Guarded when ever you get an email from what you think are trustful sources!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust Issues

Hello Everyone, To those that don’t know me my name is Giovano aka Rev. Koala Yes I am an ordained minister but am an independent minister (...