Monday, April 5, 2010

My Life of Challenges


I was born with a brittle bones disorder called OI (Osteogenesis Imperfecta),
I have had over 50 broken bones in my life, and mainly as a kid. I have had many
compressed vertebras over the years (nearly all of them). I was 5'2" tall but because of the compressed vertebras I'm now 4'11". Well mainly because of the broken bones an a few other factors.

I went to a school for the disabled and because of their lack of teaching I
developed a learning disability, thankfully my mother removed from that school
and entered me into public school (1981) and there I learned read, write, and
etc... I finished High School, my last semester I made the honor roll. I have
tried to do college but the learning disability interfered that and has left
me with a student loan which I can’t repay on SSI (the creditors don’t want to
listen to my problems, I have been disabled all my life, they don’t care).

In my late teenage years I developed hearing problems, I had my left ear
operated on but basically lost 90% of hearing in left ear; my right ear also
has about 35% of loss.

In 1992, I helping take care of my dying father; when I got electrocuted. When
I got electrocuted it made my left shoulder muscle crush my left shoulder
ball. I had to have my shoulder ball replaced, after leaving the hospital I
broke my leg at a store. My father died in Oct. 1993.

In 1994 I broke my right leg and had to have a metal brace inserted into right
leg just under the knee. Weight skyrocketed to over 350lbs.
In 2001 I finally got a Doctor that worked with me. The Doctor recommended
Bariatric Surgery. In Dec 2001 I have the Bariatric Surgery, by mid 2002 I
went from over 350lbs to 205lbs.

In 2003 I developed a drinking problem from a few factors (a girl, the
surgery, and depressions etc...). The drinking and the OI made my teeth weak
and my teeth keep breaking away I only have a few left. I am now a recovering
drunk; I don't drink anymore (except I have had a few slips).

Then in 12/2007 I got hit buy a car while I was crossing the street in my
wheelchair, which broke my left hip. I had to have a metal rod inserted to
hold it together.

Latest problem... In 4/2008 I had a stroke. The doctors’ thought I would die
it was a very bad stroke they were trying to get my mother ready to deal with
my death, but I think God wasn't ready for me yet :-) and I stayed alive. I
lost total use of my right side but help from the rehab hospital (I was able
to leave hospital after a month) and Bayside (a rehab clinic in Portland, ME)
I have regained 50-60% use of my right side...

In Jan 2009 I moved me, my mother and a friend of ours to Bradenton, Florida I
couldn't deal with snow ever again now that I'm stuck in a wheelchair.

Hopefully That’s All ……………

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust Issues

Hello Everyone, To those that don’t know me my name is Giovano aka Rev. Koala Yes I am an ordained minister but am an independent minister (...