Monday, April 5, 2010

Things I think n worry about since the stroke



Since my stroke (I should say “after”) many things pop into my head that I think and worry about I thought I should right them down, why? Unknown, good question.

One, of my major worries that I can visibly see in my head (what’s left up there lol) is me breaking a bone ex: during transfer from/to my wheelchair, taking a shower slipping and falling, falling out of wheelchair period, when I’m changing my pants I’m afraid I might put leg in a wrong angle and break the leg, etc... I know I had many over 50 broken bones in my life so far and it never worried me before but since the stroke I seem to worry about a lot.

Two, I am always paranoid about cars/trucks when I am out and about, I’m afraid they will hit me again (2 times so far, I don’t want a third time) it hurts. It seems like 70% of drivers don’t look or care to look each way before they take a turn (sometimes they don’t even stop when they take a turn). Crossing an intersection is nerve-racking and dangerous. Bradenton, Florida doesn’t help matters because many streets in Bradenton don’t have sidewalks (or if they do its only part way and half-way down the sidewalk you have to backtrack to a driveway to go into the street to continue down to the next driveway). I’m not talking about side streets, I’m talking major streets (ex: 14th St. is a US highway route 41) 14th St. sidewalks are a joke, some areas have them while many other parts of 14th St. don’t so you have to go onto the street to continue, and do drivers care a wheelchair is trying to make its way by, NO, well maybe a little they don’t want to scratch their car.

Third, Security: I use to live in secured buildings in apartment above the ground floor so it made it harder for thieves to get into my apartment. Now I’m on the ground floor (in a very nice apartment and area) but much easier for someone to break into and since the stroke wtf could I do if someone did break in. I really need a good alarm system to cover the doors (3) and the windows, plus monitoring me and my mother. If either me or my mother fell or needed assistance neither of us can do much and if either of us was home alone forget about it we’d be F’d.

To be continued …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust Issues

Hello Everyone, To those that don’t know me my name is Giovano aka Rev. Koala Yes I am an ordained minister but am an independent minister (...